Three years in and we’re still the baby festival in Ireland’s festival County.
Alternative Kilkenny Arts - AKA Fringe are very proud of what has been achieved with modest funding but we want to take it further.
AKA Fringe exists because of a demand; a demand for space, a demand for a platform, a demand from creative people to be part of a movement towards collaborative and community arts in Kilkenny.
We see the importance of the interaction of people through arts as a means of breaking down barriers of inequality and the use of creativity as a driver of inclusion and celebration of our shared values. AKA is needed now more than ever.
AKA Fringe for 2017
You will find so many amazing creative people bringing their work to share with you.
Across the various strands; visual, music, poetry, drama and spoken word are two weeks of interaction, fierce debate and most of all fun!
- Flipside Studio
- Kilkenny Nature Photography by Paul Kelly
- Vivid Art Exhibition by Geraldine Walshe
- The Market Kitchen Pop Up Cafe @ Mullins Mill
- New Work from the Kilkenny Photography Society
- 'Destruction' Pen & Digital works by Noah Hamilton
- Materials and the Object
- 'By the Way' - An Art Exhibition by Clodagh Holahan
- Chilli Penguin Mexican Pop-Up!
- 'Birdie' - A One-Woman Show
- Little Deviations Vol. 2
- Gong Sound Meditation Journey
- Drawing Marathon at Shankhill Castle
- Grennan Mill Craft School Exhibitions
- Form Designmade in Carlow
- South East Woodturners
- and many more!!
We are grateful to all who have contributed their work and committed to AKA. We are endeavouring to include a diverse mix of work but also to spread the love across venues include some fantastic rural venues as well as Ye Faire City.
AKA is grateful to all our sponsors: Transfermate, Kilkenny County Council Arts Office and Mary Butler, Ring a Link, Kilkenny LEADER Partnership and individual patrons.
We would love to directly curate and commission more original work; baby steps AKA, baby steps…
Click here to see Our Review of AKA 2016