22nd Cat Laughs Comedy Festival 2017
Thursday 1st June - Monday 5th June 2017
The June Bank Holiday brings the hilarious Cat Laughs Comedy Festival, a world class comedy festival featuring the very best in Irish and international talent.
The Cat Laughs Comedy Festival held its inaugural edition in 1995 in response to the burgeoning wealth of Irish comic talent with no clear national outlet for expression.
The festival has grown from a small event comprising a handful of shows to an internationally acclaimed festival which showcases the very best in Irish and international comedy acts, attracting visitors to Kilkenny city and its surrounding regions by combining world class entertainment with the atmospheric setting of our charming and intimate medieval city.
The world-class programme blends the top Irish and international talent in shows featuring globally renowned comic stars as well as newcomers and break-through acts. The festival attracts in excess of 30,000 visitors to Kilkenny, resulting in more than €8 million being invested into the local economy.
Schedule so far....
Thursday 1st June
- Opening Night at the Hub ft. Adam Hills, Jason Byrne, Joanne McNally, Zoe Lyons & many more - The Hub at Cillin Hill, Dublin Road - 7.30pm, €30/28
Friday 2nd June
- The Rubberbandits - Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, Ormonde St - 11pm, €15
Saturday 3rd June
- The Second Captains - Set Theatre, John St - 2pm, €10
- Solo Theatre - Set Theatre, John St - 9pm, €25/23
Sunday 4th June
- Limmy - Watergate Theatre, Parliment St - 8pm, €25/23
Monday 5th June
- Collapsing Horse Science Fiction and Fantasy Radio Hour - Set Theatre, John St - 2pm, €10
Full Lineup Announced on the 24th of March