20th ROOTS FESTIVAL 2017
Friday 28th April to Monday 1st May 2017
Winner of the IMRO Best Small Live Music Festival 2014 award!
The Smithwicks Kilkenny Roots Festival will return in 2017 during the May Bank Holiday.
Since 1998 the festival has attracted some of the finest names in the Americana/Roots canon, including Calexico, Giant Sand, Ryan Adams, Alejandro Escovedo, Guy Clark, Chuck Prophet, Ray LaMontagne, Richmond Fontaine, Rodney Crowell, Phosphorescent, Sturgill Simpson and Alabama Shakes.
Audiences wind their way through the medieval streets sampling the huge range of music in the 30 plus venues, hosting over 40 Irish and international acts, with over 90 ticketed and free shows from early afternoon until late into the night.
There’s a mixture of old and new acts on the free pub gig trail and all styles are catered for, from swing to bluegrass, rockabilly to cajun, folk, blues and beyond.
2017 schedule will appear around Early 2017. We look forward to see you there.
Contact Number: 056 7763669/086 814 6421
Schedule 2017 (more to be added....)
Friday 28th April
- Western Centuries, Billy Byrnes, John St, 7.30pm, €15
- Joan Shelley, Ryans, Friary St, 9pm, €15
- The Americans, Cleeres, Parliment St, 10.30pm, €15
Saturday 29th April
- The Americans, Cleeres, Parliment St, 1pm, €15
- John Blek, Ryans, Friary St, 3pm, €12
- Joan Shelley, Billy Byrnes, John St, 3pm, €15
- Western Centuries, Kytelers Inn, Kieran St, 4.30pm, €15
- Carter Simpson, The Pumphouse, Parliment St, 5pm
- Holly Macve, Billy Byrnes, John St, 6pm, €15
- Arborist, Cleeres, Parliment St, 9pm
- Marah, Kytelers Inn, Kieran St, 9pm, €20
- Yola Carter, Set Theatre, John St, 11pm, €15
Sunday 30th April
- Andrew Combs, Cleeres, Parliment St, 1pm, €15
- Carter Simpson, Ryans, Friary St, 2pm, €15
- Chip Taylor, Set Theatre, John St, 3pm, €20
- Arborist, Ryans, Friary St, 5pm, €15
- Paul Cauthen, Billy Byrnes, John St, 5pm, €15
- The Handsome Family, Watergate Theatre, Parliment St, 7pm, €25
- Holly Macve, Cleeres, Parliment St, 9pm, €15
- Yola Carter, Kytelers Inn, Kieran St, 9pm, €15
- Marah, Set Theatre, John St, 11pm, €20
Monday 1st May
- Paul Cauthen, The Pumphouse, Parliment St, 1pm, €15
- David Kitt, Cleeres, Parliment St, 4pm, €15
- Andrew Combs, Kytelers Inn, Kieran St, 9pm, €15