Take time to discover the interactive Medieval Mile Museum, go deep into Dunmore caves, fish for your supper, dare to zipline in Castlecomer or visit the charming Nore Valley Farm. Kilkenny is a magical wonderland with outdoor adventures, miles of carefree trails to run and activities to suit everyone. There are a number of value for money overnight and short breaks that will give visitors the chance to escape the everyday and explore the very best the Medieval City and County has to offer.
Mount Juliet Estate Autograph Collection
Two or Three night Easter Family Breaks from €364
Celebrate Easter with a two and three Night Family Break with breakfast each morning, access to Mount Juliet Juniors Club for the children and one dinner in The Hound Restaurant for the parents. The 5 Star Mount Juliet Estate Autograph Collection is Ireland’s leading country estate with 2 luxurious properties, Manor House and Hunter’s Yard hotel. Mount Juliet Estate offers exquisite dining options and a variety of leisure activities onsite. The Mount Juliet Equestrian Centre, salmon and trout fishing, falconry, golf and most importantly Mount Juliet Junior Club which has afternoon and evening activities. Those who prefer to remain indoors can enjoy the health club featuring a 15 metre heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym and relaxing spa treatment suites. Book your family stay today Mount Juliet Estate autograph Collection.
Offer: Easter Family Breaks – From €364 per family (2+2) per night
- Option of Two or Three night Family Package
- Breakfast each morning,
- Dinner on one night for the parents in The Hound Restaurant
- Complimentary access to Mount Juliet Junior Club with afternoon and evening activities
- Call: 056 7773000
- Visit: www.mountjuliet.ie
Butterfly Valley Glamping
Easter Break, Two nights midweek for only €160 for a family of up to five.
Butterfly Valley Glamping is a small intimate glamping site located in Thomastown, County Kilkenny. It has a mix of glamping accommodation, including Bell tents, Eco Pods and new for this season a vintage (father Ted style) caravan. Located just 2km from Thomastown, the site is ideal for families with a big communal kitchen area, lots of outdoor space for kids to run around and a campfire area (marshmallow toasting is a must!). There is a lovely forest and river walk adjacent to the site, which will bring you into Thomastown. Kilkenny city is just a short drive away.
Offer: Easter 2 Night break from only €160 for 2 nights midweek.
- 2 nights accommodation in an Eco Pod (sleeps a family of five)
- Use of all facilities on site
- Outdoor BBQ and campfire area
- Visit www.butterflyvalleyglamping.ie or phone 086 8610116
Newpark Hotel Kilkenny
Easter Family Fun at the Newpark, 3 Nights B/B and 1 dinner
Resting on the edge of medieval Kilkenny City, set on 40 acres of parkland, offering luxurious accommodation, a Health Club & Spa and fun-filled kids’ activities, this family-friendly hotel is the ideal base for exploring Kilkenny.
There is a fully equipped adventure playground. This not only includes slides, swings, and a sandpit with dippers, but also a tree top adventure centre with a secure zip line.Wildlife Farm on the grounds are home to a host of friendly farm animals that are sure to delight your little ones. This includes rabbits, peacocks, emu’s, alpacas, llamas, ponies, donkeys and much more! The Newpark Fairy Trail walk takes you through our scenic grounds, and is full of evidence of magic. From life size fairy doors, to a fairy letter box, worry stone, and wishing chair, this is the perfect place to inspire childhood dreams.
Offer: 3 Nights B/B & 1 evening Meal
- Adults can dine in Gulliver’s restaurant on one night. Children’s dinner is high tea served in the kid’s club (Kids aged 4-12 years)
- Newpark Kids Easter Camp with special Easter Themed Activities, which runs daily from 10.00am-4.00pm with lunch included (Kids aged 4-12 years)
- Mum spends over €65 on any one treatment and receives a €25 voucher for Escape Spa.
- Additional Complimentary On-site Activities Include:
- Krazy Kats Kids Club – Open each evening from 7pm until 10.30pm (4-12 years)
- The Newpark Adventure Fen Trail
- The Newpark Adventure Playground with Tree Top Zipline
- The Newpark Mini Wildlife Farm
- Newpark Fairy Trail Experience
- Go Karting Track
- Book Now
- Call: 056 7760500
Easter Egg-stravaganza at Lyrath Estate from €275
The luxury, sophistication and style of Lyrath Estate are unsurpassed among Kilkenny hotels. Lyrath Estate is a multi-award winning hotel, spa and luxury hotel offering some of the finest accommodation and dining in Ireland. Located amidst 170 acres of mature parkland, the Estate is home to a host of native wildlife including ducks, rabbits, hares, and squirrels. Lyrath Estate is a family-friendly hotel, boasting a leisure centre with a 17m swimming pool, 22 seater private screening room, outdoor playground and Reilly’s Fun Club. Guests can also avail of activities such as archery, falconry, cycling, walks and fishing throughout the Estate.
Offer: Easter Egg-stravaganza at Lyrath Estate from €275 per family (2+2)
- One night bed and full Irish breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 children sharing
- Dinner on one evening for the adults
- Access to the swimming pool and leisure centre
- Reilly’s Kids Club activities, private cinema, playground and more
- Note: Children under 4 stay free
- Call: 056 7760088 or Visit: www.lyrath.com
- Book Now
Kilkenny Rivercourt Hotel
Easter 2 Night Break in Kilkenny City from only €99pp midweek
Situated on the banks of the River Rore with magnificent views of the city’s 12th-century Kilkenny Castle, The Kilkenny River Court Hotel has a quiet location set in a private courtyard and conveniently situated back from the busy Kilkenny streets. The main shopping areas, theatres, entertainment, tourist attractions and Kilkenny’s Medieval Mile are all close by right on the hotels doorstep.
Each of the large and comfortable guestrooms are stylishly decorated with beautiful fine furnishings. Most guestrooms overlook the River Nore and some with stunning views of Kilkenny Castle. Guests can dine at the award winning Riverside Restaurant and Terrace Kitchen.
Offer: Easter 2 Night Break in Kilkenny City From Only €99pps Midweek
Springhill Court Hotel
Family Fun in the Springhill Court Hotel this Easter from €278
A Kilkenny landmark for over 40 years, the newly refurbished and family friendly Springhill Court Hotel is close to the booming centre of the Historic City of Kilkenny. It boasts family friendly rooms, a superb Leisure Club with Gym, 19m Pool, Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, Spa and Hair Salon. To help keep the little ones entertained, the Springhill Court Hotel have a Children’s Playground and Lenny the Lions Kids Club which operates during the school holidays. Enjoy a two night family escape from €278 for 2 adults and 2 children (under 12 years) at the Springhill Court Hotel which offers spacious guest rooms and fine dining to suit everyone’s needs.
Offer: Easter Family Fun – Two Nights from €278 per family (2+2)
- Two nights B&B based on 2 adults and 2 children (under 12 years) sharing
- Breakfast each morning for all
- Dinner for 2 adults on one evening
- Free use of our leisure facilities including pool
- Free kids club each evening ( children 4 – 10 years)
- Outdoor Playground
- Live Music on select evenings
- Early Bird Discount: Book before 17th March 2020 and receive 15% OFF our Easter Family Packages using promo code “FAMILY”
- Visit: springhillcourt.com or Call: 056 7721122
- Book Now
Enjoy a family break with us at Hotel Kilkenny this Easter Mid-term
Offer: 3 Night Easter Mid-term Break – 3BB1D – From €450 total stay
Offer: 2 Night Easter Mid-term Break – 2BB1D – From €350 total stay
• 2 or 3 Nights accommodation for 2 adults and 2 kids (until the age of 12)
• Full Irish Breakfast each morning
• 2 course dinner on one evening for all the family in Pure Bar (children eat free from our Kids Menu)
• FREE access to our supervised Kids Club for kids 4-12 years only (dinner also included should they dine with the Kids Club).
• Full use of Active Health & Fitness Club with 20m Swimming Pool
• FREE Car Parking
• FREE Hi-speed WiFi and Broadband throughout the hotel
• Kids Club Opening times:
• Mornings 9.30 am – 12.30 am
• Evenings 5.00 pm – 10.00 pm
Visit our Stay Section to see our wide range of accommodations on offer this Easter.
Ideal Easter Family Outings
Jerpoint Park Heritage Site which is the Lost Town of Newtown Jerpoint a deserted medieval town dating back to 1200 AD. You can take part in guided Heritage Tours of Jerpoint Park where you will learn about the importance of once thriving town Newtown Jerpoint, and watch sheep dog demonstrations.
Kilkenny Castle is a must see when you visit Kilkenny. The castle has been in existence for over eight centuries and stands over the River Nore. There have been many additions and alterations to the fabric of the building, making Kilkenny Castle today a complex structure of various architectural styles. Take a guided tour of the castle and learn about its rich heritage.
Take time out and stroll around Nore Valley Open Farm, allow the children to play in the interactive and relaxing setting. Bottle feed lambs or goats and feed ducks and turkeys as well as learn about the Irish heritage of farming. Relax with a cup of tea and home baked scones or biscuits. Even in wet weather there is still plenty of fun to be had, with indoor facilities to amuse the entire family. You can stay as long as you like – a few hours or the whole day.
Ten Pin Bowling is a family activity that can be enjoyed by all ages from children as young as 3 years of age. At KBowl you can experience state of the art computerised scoring systems while relaxing on leather sofas enjoying a selection of refreshments. Always popular is the KZone area with pool, air hockey and more.
Dunmore Caves -History and geology blend at Dunmore Cave to give an interesting and unique situation. You will get to enter Dunmore Cave and feel the temperature drop as go. Here you will learn all about history and stories of the chambers that were formed over millions of years.
Castlecomer Discovery Park is set in the former grounds of the Wandesforde Estate, which comprises 80 acres of stunning natural woodland and lakes. This park offers a range of recreational, cultural and educational amenities and activities for all the family. Activities include tree top walk, zip lining, canoeing, walking trails and elf & fairy village. You are sure to have hours of family entertainment.
The National Reptile Zoo has over 150 animals and 50 different species on display. You will get the unique opportunity to get up close and personal with animals that you would normally only see on an Attenborough series. The National Reptile Zoo includes a children’s soft play area, snack bar, indoor picnic area, tropical walk through the enclosure and reptile handling zone.