Whether you are a professional or amateur photographer, or just someone who enjoys it as a hobby we want your entries
In the current climate we could all welcome a distraction. Visit Kilkenny has launched an exciting new county-wide photography competition and is asking you to submit photos from locations across the County that capture the very best we have to offer!
If you are spending your days at home and have photos that you have taken of Kilkenny now is the time to sieve through them and send us your photos that capture the beauty of Kilkenny. If you are getting cabin fever from being indoors and need to stretch the legs, get off the beaten path and take some photos of your favourite hidden gems in Kilkenny countryside.
We are for looking for lifestyle, landscape, nature, medieval and adventure photos and it doesn’t matter if you’re a budding photographer or just like to get snap happy with your phone – you can enter our photo competition. To enter simply upload your photos below.
The competition will run until September 30th. We will be choosing 5 finalists from each of the 6 categories and one winner from each category who will be picked by our panel of judges and the overall winner announced!
Categories: Medieval Kilkenny, Landscapes, Off The Grid, Natural World, Streetscapes and Faces of Kilkenny
We have some amazing prizes from the fantastic hotels we have in Kilkenny. You will all need something to look forward to when the Covid-19 pandemic ends and we can travel again. We have six one night hotel breaks to be won which can be redeemed in Autumn/Winter or indeed next year.
All photos will feature on Visit Kilkenny social media platforms and visitkilkenny.ie
So get snapping!!
Submit Your Photo Here
Competition Rules ("Rules")
Visit Kilkenny Photographer of the Year is a photographic competition (“Competition”) open to everyone except employees of Visit Kilkenny and anyone else involved with the organisation of the Competition.
It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that they have read and abided by the Rules and the submission guidelines found below.
1. Images must be of locations within Co. Kilkenny from the six categories listed below.
2. Once entered into the Competition, identical images must not be entered into any major competition whose results are announced prior to 30th September 2020.
3. All entries must be submitted digitally (scans from film are acceptable) and must be uploaded via www.visitkilkenny.ie. No entries will be accepted by mail. No digital files will be returned.
4. The Competition opens on 8th June 2020 and closes at midnight on the 30th September 2020. No image uploads can be accepted after this time. Please make sure that you allow enough time to complete your entry.
5. There are six categories:
a) Medieval Kilkenny
c) Off the Grid
d) Natural World
f) Faces of Kilkenny
6. The overall winner of the Visit Kilkenny Photographer of the Year 2020, will be the person whose image is selected as the best by the judging panel from the six main categories.
7. Initial entry
Image files should be uploaded to the site as jpegs (72ppi min, 300ppi max). Please do not include watermarks, borders or signatures on your entry. When resizing your pictures, please make sure that you do not overwrite your original file. You must ensure that you upload your images the right way round. No excessively digitally altered images will be accepted (no cloning, adding or removing elements). Basic enhancements are allowed, for example brightness, contrast, and sharpening etc.
8. File naming protocol
File names are for your reference purposes only. When you upload your images, you will be asked for caption information. This will not be used for judging purposes.
Please ensure that you keep copies of submitted images. Visit Kilkenny will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe storage and back-up of entries within the term of the Competition, but cannot be held responsible for the loss of images submitted.
a) All entries will be assessed by a primary selection panel approved by the board of Visit Kilkenny, and a shortlist will be announced following the completion of the primary selection and interim judging processes. All those on the shortlist will be contacted by email.
b) All winners will be notified by email and an exhibition of winning entries will be held following the announcement of results. A list of the winners will be published on the Visit Kilkenny website.
Visit Kilkenny reserves the right to modify, cancel or terminate the Competition given unforeseen circumstances beyond its control.
12. Copyright and permissions
By submitting images to the Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
a) they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
b) they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
c) they have the prior permission of those pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Visit Kilkenny and will indemnify Visit Kilkenny against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
By entering the Competition, you grant Visit Kilkenny to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, any image for any purpose connected with the Competition. With the right to sub-license where necessary, this shall include, but is not limited to:
a) display at any exhibitions;
b) on a secure web browser for judging purposes;
c) on the Competition website and on the websites of sponsors and supporters;
d) for use in press, promotional and marketing materials – both print & digital;
e) on social media sites, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
14. Copyright of each image is retained by its respective photographer.
15. Entrants, whose work is commended or above, agree to take part in post-Competition publicity and agree to the use of their name and likeness for this purpose without compensation or limitation.
16. For the purposes of this agreement, ‘Visit Kilkenny Photographer of the Year’ shall be seen as interchangeable terms. For clarity, submitted images may be used to promote ‘Visit Kilkenny Photographer of the Year’.
17. Visit Kilkenny will remove any entries from the Competition that it feels may breach or contravene laws of public decency or may bring the photographer, the Competition, Visit Kilkenny or any of its sponsors into disrepute. Such entries will be deemed as void.
18. The decision of Visit Kilkenny on all matters relating to the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. All images must be uploaded, via the Visit Kilkenny website, following the on-screen instructions. By accepting the Rules and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Visit Kilkenny. Images cannot be withdrawn or amended after the close of the Competition. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. The information given in the Rules is correct, but Visit Kilkenny reserves the right to amend the Rules without prior notice. Any such changes will be posted on the Competition website. By entering the Competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the Rules.