About Kilkenny Tourism
As a shared collective, Kilkenny Tourism strives to increase the economic impact of continued investment in Kilkenny’s tourism sector and maximize the audience reach.
As the primary vehicle by which marketing and communication strategies are implemented, Kilkenny Tourism engages with Kilkenny Leader Partnership (KLP), the O.P.W., Coillte, Waterways Ireland, Kilkenny Civic Trust, Failte Ireland, Kilkenny County Council and Tourism Ireland to refine the tourism offering. Kilkenny is a “hero site” within Failte Ireland’s Ancient East campaign – the tourism stakeholders are targeting increasing visitor numbers with a number of major marketing and branding campaigns, consistent with Kilkenny’s history and heritage.
This is a voluntary group of nominated sectoral representatives who work together to enhance the tourist experience.
The Board of Kilkenny Tourism
The Board of Kilkenny Tourism is made up of volunteers from the Tourism Industry and civil employees. Following the 2018 AGM, the current board members are:
- Naoise Nunn, Chairperson and Festivals representative
- Grainne Ward Failte Ireland
- Cllr. Joe Malone Kilkenny Co. Council
- Mairead Rohan LEADER
- Cllr. Pat Dunphy Kilkenny Co. Council
- Jaki Jordan OPW
- Cllr. Pat Fitzpatrick Kilkenny Co. Council
- Deirdre Shine Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Prendergast, Accomodation
- Frank Curran Restaurants
- Gareth Alcorn Outdoor Pursuits
- Gerry Rafter Vintners
- Christopher Heltzel Crafts
- Julie Caulder-potts Food
- Joanna Hannick Hotels
- Jimmy Walsh, GAA
Kilkenny Tourism is a collective marketing body that is concerned with promoting Kilkenny city and county to the domestic and international tourism markets, and influencing the long-term strategic development of Kilkenny City and County. Our vision is that Kilkenny becomes the number one premium tourism destination in Ireland.
Why Should You Join?
Benefits of Membership of Kilkenny Tourism
Kilkenny Tourism is a collective marketing body that is concerned with promoting Kilkenny to the domestic and international tourism markets, and influencing the long-term strategic development of Kilkenny City and County. Our vision is that Kilkenny becomes the number one premium tourism destination in Ireland. We aim to achieve this by:
- Marketing and promoting the visitor experience to the international and domestic markets
- Representing the diversity of tourism offerings across the entire county of Kilkenny to customers.
- Assisting and supporting members to sell the destination and the visitor experience
- Collaborating with agencies and other stakeholders to influence tourism development
Marketing and PR
Our marketing activities are carried out by TL Marketing and Purcell Masterson manage public relations activities.
They both bring a wealth of experience, knowledge and contacts across a range of sectors which is a direct benefit to all members. It is their role to ensure all sectors are equally represented and that the entire county of Kilkenny is being promoted Nationally and Internationally. Their collective aim is to increase the exposure of Kilkenny Tourism and as a consequence increase visitor numbers and length of stay.
Kilkenny Tourism Website
The Kilkenny Tourism Website (visitkilkenny.ie) exclusively promotes Kilkenny Tourism Members. We hope the vibrancy and dynamism of the destination is captured by the imagery, showcasing the comtemporary meets classic appeal of this beautiful place.