Entertainment in Kilkenny - Weekly Gig and Event Guide
Event(s) of the Week
Kilkenny Tourism Brochure 2017/2018
You can now download the NEW 2017/2018 Kilkenny Tourism Brochure. It will be available in booklet format hotels and various businesses throughout Kilkenny during June 2017 - Download PDF (30mb)
Festivals in Kilkenny in 2018
This Week's Musical / Theatre / Events
- For up to date information on what is happening in Kilkenny City and County,
see the twitter accounts @Kilkenny and @loveKilkenny
We have music from 6.30pm to 11.30pm every evening on Monday to Thursday
and 7pm to 9.30pm on Sundays until October 2018.
Future Proof Summer Party in Kilkenny
After a brief winter hiatus Nialler9 & Homebeat are delighted to return to the
wonderful Future Proof series - shining a light on a fresh mix of current Irish
talent in conjunction with our friends at O'Hara's Irish Craft Beers.
Future Proof Summer Party in Kilkenny will feature:
Rising electro-pop duo with one of the most energetic live shows in Ireland.
All-girl greats trading in indie DIY and garage-rock. Your new favourite band
Doors : 8pm
Tickets : €8 - €13 Online // €15 on door.
More info: See our Facebook page
Left Bank Kilkenny
live music every Monday & Wednesday from 9-11.30pm
Davey & Pete perform every Monday!
The Parade, Kilkenny
t: +353 56 775 0016 (ext: Events)
Smithwick’s Experience Kilkenny - Parliament St - 10 am to 6 pm daily, €12/9.50/7.
This multi-sensory and interactive experience will take visitors on a journey through the medieval origins of brewing on the site of the St. Francis Abbey Brewery to the arrival of John Smithwick in the 1700’s, and right up to the present day. During the tour, the Smithwick’s brewing process will is brought to life with visitors having the opportunity to experience the smells, tastes and textures of the raw materials involved in creating the perfect pint of ale. French, German, Spanish and Italian speaking visitors will be offered an audio guide to take them on the tour, which lasts approximately 70 minutes
Medieval Mile Museum - open from Tuesday 28th February - Medieval Mile Museum, High St - The 13th century St Mary’s church and graveyard is the finest example of a medieval church in Ireland. As the starting point of the ‘Medieval Mile’ trail, it brings to life Kilkenny’s history as Ireland’s premier medieval city. Displays of Kilkenny’s civic treasures and replicas of some of the High Crosses of Ossory illustrate the local Gaelic monastic heritage and the ancient city’s historic role in Ireland. Kilkenny’s 800-year story is told with a contemporary twist within the new museum. The customer experience contains a long colourful interactive table similar to a giant iPad, an elongated plasma TV screen, and projected imagery onto a giant wall allowing visitors to get immersed in the rich history with the aid of modern technology.
Kilkenny Castle Events
- For more information on these events, visit visitkilkenny.ie/kilkenny_castle or www.kilkennycastle.ie
- The 'Decius Mus' Tapestries have returned to the Castle. The Tapestries are among the great glories of the wonderful historic Ormonde Collection at Kilkenny Castle. The 'Decius' suite had been in the ownership of the Ormonde family for over 300 years and was displayed in several of their residences before being acquired by OPW for display in Kilkenny Castle. It forms a highlight of the Ormonde Collection in the Tapestry Room and fabulous Picture Gallery - one of the finest historical and architectural spaces in Ireland, kilkennycastle.ie
- Orienteering Course - Following the December launch of the new permanent Orienteering Course at Kilkenny Castle Park, OPW is delighted to announce that three maps, Short (1.8km), Medium (2.4km) and Long (3.5km) distances, are now available to download for free on the Kilkenny Castle website. The orienteering course is open to all, families, individuals, clubs, schools and what a fantastic way to explore the flora and fauna of Kilkenny Castle Park while enjoying the exercise in beautiful surroundings. There is also a small area of the Canal Walk involved in the courses, kilkennycastle.ie
Events for Kids
- Kilkenny Kids! And Life! Directory at http://www.kilkenny.ie/eng/kids_life_directory/Kilkenny_Kids_and_Life_Activity_Directory.html
By night Kilkenny comes alive as visitors and locals alike enjoy the city's vibrant cultural and entertainment life. The city offers an eclectic mix of cosmopolitan designer bars and traditional old style hostelries. What better way to spend an evening than enjoying a meal in one of the many restaurants throughout Kilkenny? Live music and theatre take place throughout the week, so whether your taste is in dance music, poetry, theatre or rock! - Kilkenny has something to offer you.